Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Fresh Start Challenge 6/6/12-My attitude check-in!

So last week I threw my "diet" out the window. And I don't regret it all, one single bit. I have had the best week ever since I quite my diet. It is the most amazing feeling in the world not being strapped by the boundaries that I put in place for myself.

I'm not sure where I have set on my weight loss goals, but I do know that my confidence has been greater this week. It was relieving to not worry about eating a piece of cake with Brother  Bear or drinking that (gasp!) foo-foo coffee! And honestly, I don't care.

You know why?!

I have gone down a pant size!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Yes, all those exclamation points are needed.*

So when I stopped focusing on the negative and more on the positive, I lost one pant size. And they aren't super tight either. It's not any of this 10 pounds of potatoes in a 5 pound bag.

So, I'm very confident that my new, "Fresh Start" attitude is the reason why I'm seeing such a positive change in my life.

******
Today someone mentioned that my attitude is always uplifting. I had to admit that it's easier to be in a good mood than it is to be in a bad one. Even if I am in a bad mood, I fake a good mood. Not because I don't want everyone to think I'm not perfect. Quite the opposite. I choose to be in a good mood. Fake it until you make it, I say. (If you know who really said it, let me know. I'd like to give them credit.) 

Honestly, I didn't have this mindset a year ago. I was dark and dismal like the Murky Dismal (Rainbow Bright). 
If I was in a bad mood, I put you in a bad mood. If I was sad, you were sad. I no longer am that person. I want to give the credit to myself. That I changed my attitude and mindset, but I can't give myself that credit. Honestly, before I met the Lord for the 400th 4th time I was in a dark, dark place. I was lost and headed nowhere good. I have to give Him all the credit. By Him and I finding each other again, I have changed everything. 

My thoughts, my words, my feelings, my reactions... or at least they are a work in progress. I am slowly working towards being who I know the Lord wants me to be in all of these areas. That is why I linked up with MommyhoodByTheHandful to do this "Fresh Start Challenge", it's not about just fitness and health. It's about a fresh start in life, each week. We go to church on Sunday to fill our cups, we check in on Wednesday when we can. I like reflecting on Wednesdays on here of my progress each week. Inside and out progress.

What have you progressed (or regressed) on this week? Check in with your "Fresh Start". I won't hold it against you. Start fresh....again!
IMG_20120501_121205

No comments:

Post a Comment