Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Week of 7/8/12 through 7/11/12

So it's delayed. But.. but...but... welp, here it is.

I was gone for two weeks. I went to my mothers for a week so that they could see Sister Bear. They take Brother Bear for a week every month. It's his time with MawMaw and PawPaw {See, we all have bear names around here!}. It was a nice visit that turned into a really nice visit when Papa Bear came and joined us for the second week.  So yes, I'm behind. But I'm back. So here's what's going on in my world.

Our car broke. Boo. Prayers please that today it gets fixed easily without any damage to our head gasket. Our radiator house blew on our way back from Maw-Paw's house. But thankfully my cousin and her boyfriend came to our rescue that night. Tonight it will be fixed, hopefully. I've let go, and let God take this one. He knows we need to have it fixed. It's our livelihood.

So here's the lists.

To-Do List

1.Canning. I was given some yummy fresh blackberries and they need to become a few jars of jam.
2. Bake a Blackberry Pie from my cousin Chelle's birthday. I won't share how old she is, she might hit me! ;)
3.Fix Car. {See Above.}
4.Finish tagging car. Apparently we thought our Personal Property Tax was more than it was, they send the check back. So it'll be paid by the end of the week and the car will be fully legal!!
5. Purge the children's play room. With a birthday came more toys. I need to get some of their old ones out of there!
6.Blogging, of course! I'm working on a blog about why we choose to not vaccinate. {Just for you Sabrina!!}

Bible Study

Ruth
I'm also suppose to be doing one with KP, but she hasn't got back to me on what it is....


Pantry Clean Out Meal Plan

Breakfast 

Granola Bars
Breakfast Bites
Oatmeal & Berries
Bacon & Eggs
Eggs & Oranges
Pancakes & bacon

Lunch

Tamales
Chinese Noodles with Garlic and Soy Sauce & Veggies
Tuna Salad & Carrots
Leftovers
Sandwich & Chips & Fruit
Noodles & Vegetables

Dinner

Chicken Breast with Carrots & Stuffing
Salmon & Asparagus & Pasta
Pork Chops & Corn & Mashed Potatoes
Brisket & Fried Taters & Green Beans
Meatloaf & Mashed Potatoes & Corn
Chicken & Rice/Gravy & Peas

Snacks

Veggies
Fruit
Chips
Leftovers


The reason this is called Pantry Clean Out Meal Plan is because I am trying to get rid of all the random cans and stuff that we've been avoiding eating because we don't eat it normally. I can't fathom giving it to a food pantry when we can easily eat it. So I'm making one bad week where we clean it all out and eat. Then the following week I will be doing a juice fast. That's going to be hard. Yikes! I'm still nursing so some people will claim that I shouldn't do it, but the verdict is out. I know that she's old enough she won't starve if there is something she doesn't like the taste of. Plus, toxin rich breastmilk is still better than formula any day of the week. So I'm kind of on the fence. We'll see how it goes. Plus there is stored milk in the freezer, I think. It's buried by all the other junk in there! 

**********
 We are also in search of a family motto. This was inspired by another friend. I'd love to use her family's but, our family's are not the same. So though it would work, it's not my family's motto. I'm in search of it. For some reason  I've had Proverbs 22:6 stuck in my head as well though. It could because our downstairs neighbor quotes it all the time. But it's really been influencing me lately. 

Proverbs 22:6
Train up your child in the way he should grow,
Even when he is old he will not depart from it. 

I want to focus on training or raising our children correctly. Which is so hard in our world today. It's hard fighting the fast, mainstream world. Even harder when you've been a part of it for so long and you are trying to remove yourself from most of it. I'm going to continue praying on it. I'm sure I'll find a motto that fits our family. We've been loosely using this one from Carl Bard.

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new beginning, 
Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."

I'm working on my brand new ending. How's yours coming?

{Hollea}


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment